We have compiled a list of community organizations and articles to help families in search of support and information. We believe the best way to tackle Alzheimer’s and dementia is to be prepared.
- Understanding Residential Care Options (PDF download) – published by the Area Agency on Aging of North Central Texas & North Central Texas Aging & Disability Resource Center.
- Caregiving Tips for Early Stage Alzheimer’s – published by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Caregiving Tips for Middle Stage Alzheimer’s – published by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Caregiving Tips for Late Stage Alzheimer’s – published by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Choosing a Residential Care Facility – published by the Alzheimer’s Association.
Central Texas Community Organizations
- AGE of Central Texas – offering fantastic Adult Day Care in Central Texas.
- Aging Services Council of Central Texas – a coalition of organizations and individuals that seeks to support and inform older adults and their caregivers.
- Capital of Texas Alzheimer’s Association – local chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association that provides a wealth of information on caregiving and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Family Eldercare – non-profit that provides a variety of services, including: guardianship, in-home care, money management programs.
(Visited 256 times, 1 visits today)