How We Engage
At Georgetown Living we take a holistic approach to ensure overall wellness. Our engagement plan focuses on 3 domains: Social Interaction, Physical Activities and Mental Stimulation.
With daily activities organized in each of these domains, Georgetown Living provides a robust and well-rounded environment for personal upkeep. Our designated Activity Director has crafted the majority of our activities based upon the Montessori-based Dementia method.
How We Engage - A Three Pillar Approach
- Facility structurally built for dementia related interactions
- Daily Alzheimer’s group activities
- Regular Music Groups
- Pam & Perry’s Country Band
- Lynn Lee’s piano solo
- Connie’s flute solo
- Birthday Parties
- Inter-generational Activities
- Texas A&M Nursing School
- Young children visits
- Weekly Beautician Visits
- Holiday Events (including Char’s famous Thanksgiving Turkeys)
- Pet Therapy Dogs
- Sun City Pet Therapy Club
- Pet Therapy Club of Georgetown
- Church Groups (Faith Lutheran and The Cross and the Crown).
- Sunday Tea Parties
- Family Dinners
- Social Groups